At EQ, our vision has always focused on collaboration with our customers. This focus has allowed us to remain flexible, while continuing to navigate the fluidity of the return to office.
Know that EQ continues to work with our customers and partners to support the individual office reentry at every step of the way. We have implemented best-in-class operations to support your safety following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local government authorities.
As we reenter our business communities and define new rhythms of the workplace, we remain committed to helping provide a safe and productive environment and keeping our customers apprised of the most recent updates to property operations. For more information about resources in your building, please contact your property manager.
As we navigate the transition forward, we are closely monitoring the latest COVID-19 guidance, local regulations and workplace requirements, and we will continue to communicate property-specific updates and safety measures. Additionally, we have implemented the following common office reentry measures at 800 Fifth.
• We will continue to work closely with our cleaning service providers and contractors to implement the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. Hand-sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the building. Day Porters will regularly wipe down handrails and other touch points throughout the lobby.
• If customers would like to take additional preventative actions, our facilities cleaning service provider is available to provide tenant-specific cleaning.
• We encourage customers to contact their property manager with questions about any of these measures.
COMMUNICATIONS AND NOTICING
• Signage: You may notice signage posted throughout the building to promote safe practices for our community. Please familiarize yourself with all building signage and adhere to the practices specified.
• Websites: Please frequently check the property’s website for the latest information and updates.
• Property Teams: As always, we encourage customers to contact their property manager with questions about reentry measures at 800 Fifth.
• We continue to follow local guidance when making decisions to reopen amenities. Please contact your Property Manager for more information regarding the reopening of amenities at 800 Fifth.
• We also encourage you and your teammates to carefully review CDC recommendations and state and local guidance applicable to your operations as you return to the workplace.
We at EQ Office look forward to beginning a phase of collective renewal in our communities as we learn to navigate the new rhythms of the workplace. Your property management teams are closely monitoring the latest guidance from the CDC and local governments. We appreciate your understanding as we continuously assess the best way to continue prioritizing wellness in the workplace while providing space for greatness.
Looking forward, we will continue to closely coordinate with our facilities' cleaning service providers and contractors to help prevent the spread of the virus in the building. If we are informed of a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the property, we will gather all the necessary information to determine next steps and notify tenants or other potentially impacted parties as soon as possible.
We continue to approach the situation with an abundance of caution and follow guidance from the CDC, as well as executive orders from local government authorities. We will work closely with our facilities' cleaning service providers and contractors to help prevent the spread of the virus in the building. We will also continue to notify tenants in the building upon learning of a confirmed case. Here are some resources to review as you plan your return to the workplace.See our national Tenant Toolkit Resources
The return to the office will continue to be fluid as we move through each phase of collective renewal and reenter our workplace communities. We will continue to communicate updates to property operations and safety measures based on the latest changes to the requirements and recommendations from local officials.
The following are some of the most common inquiries received across our properties as our customers plan to transition back to the workplace. Please contact your property manager with any questions not addressed here.
How is EQ helping tenants plan their return to the workplace?
The people who occupy our spaces form an integral part of the EQ community, and we’re pleased to support our tenants’ transition back to the workplace based on their individual needs. Wellness in the workplace is paramount at this time, and we’re continuing to reassure all our tenants that their health and well-being is our top priority. In addition to providing various resources to support tenants’ office reentry, we’re working closely with our facilities cleaning service providers to ensure that they are following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. This includes enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, as well as using a disinfectant containing an active ingredient recommended by the EPA.
What workplace changes can tenants expect as they return to work?
The health and safety of EQ visitors, tenants and employees remains our top priority. As we rethink “work” and continue to design effective workspaces, we are implementing additional measures throughout our portfolio of properties, including:
• Increased cleaning of regular touch points throughout the building
• More sanitization stations throughout the building
• New procedures to encourage physical distancing, such as adding further separation between guests and our security desk, swiping IDs versus handling them directly
For more information about operations in your building, please contact your property manager.
Will EQ continue to notify tenants of COVID-19 cases or exposures in the building?
Yes – if we are informed of a confirmed positive case or exposure in the building, we will work to gather all the necessary information as soon as possible to determine next steps, and to notify tenants or other potentially impacted parties.
What measures did EQ take to ensure properties were properly sanitized?
The health and well-being of tenants, employees, visitors, and the community in which our properties operate have remained our top priority. From the onset of the pandemic, we followed all local requirements and sanitation guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including enhanced cleaning and disinfection of common touchpoints and paths of travel in the buildings, using a disinfectant containing an active ingredient recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
800 5th Ave, New York, NY 10065
800 5th Ave, New York, NY 10065
Regular Business Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET
In English only
Coronavirus Disease 2020 Questions
Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
In English only:
EQ focuses on the experience of its 31 million square feet – how space feels, activates and performs to amplify the human experience. We're proud to work hand-in-hand with more than 1,500 customers of all sizes, from Fortune 100 companies to emerging startups, to bring humanity back to the workplace. Our diverse team of 200+ professionals is responsible for creating inspired office environments in major cities across the country including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. As a U.S. office portfolio company wholly owned by Blackstone's real estate funds, we have the resources to lead the changes happening in workspace. Explore your space for greatness at www.eqoffice.com.